Submitted by furhhdl on Tue, 07/05/2016 - 07:41
An initiative to provide an insight into Tibetan culture and ancient Buddhist traditions of Tibet for university students.
Gurukul has been held annually for a month in Dharamsala, the home of HH the Dalai Lama and the headquarters of the Central Tibetan Administration. Here, participants receive an extended introduction to Tibetan culture and religion by actively engaging in daily activities of Tibetan life in the monasteries and nunneries, and with communities in exile.
Gurukul participants will:
- Stay in Monasteries and Nunneries
- Interact with Buddhist Masters and Tibetan Scholars
- Experience Traditional Dialectic Debates and Spiritual Chanting
- Attend a Course in Buddhist Philosophy
- Special course in Understanding Modern Science and Ancient Buddhist Philosophy
- Special Lectures with Eminent Scholars
- Learn Tibetan Arts And Crafts
- Experience Tibetan Music and Dance
- Engage with Local Community with various Voluntary Activities
Like our Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/furhhdl
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/furhhdl
For our programme alerts, please send an email to email@example.com with 'Subscribe' in the subject line